The Middlesex Schools' U14 squad lost their first SEESFA match of the season 5-1 away to Kent but the score was not not a true reflection on how well Middlesex played, especially in the first half.

Middlesex started brightly but it was Kent who had the opening attempts on goal and Kent went close on several occasions with one effort going just wide. Middlesex goalkeeper Daniel Botti was busy palming the ball away in the six yard box and Middlesex’s Louie Adedeji clearing the ball from a Kent free kick. With Kent in the ascendency, it was no surprise when they took the lead through Rafferty Pedder who was hand to strike the ball home on the half volley when the ball was not cleared in the Middlesex penalty area.

One minute later, Pedder almost grabbed his second goal after a fine run beating two Middlesex defenders but his shot was saved by Botti. Middlesex, having withheld the Kent pressure in the opening 15 minutes, started to get back into the game but almost conceded a second when Kent broke from a Middlesex free kick but the attempt was again well saved by Botti in the Middlesex goal.

On 22 minutes Kent scored their second goal when Jack Gallagher scored with a fine volley directly from a Kent corner. Middlesex’s Dominic D’Souza looked lively and his shot on 25 minutes cleared the Kent crossbar. On 29 minutes, Middlesex were back in the game when Qasim Khan won the ball and passed to Louie Kenny and his effort on goal from well outside the Kent penalty area was well saved, but when the ball ran clear D’Souza was the first to react and calmly slotting the ball home. One minute later D’Souza was the provider in the Kent penalty area setting up Drilon Krasniqi and his effort on goal was superbly saved denying Middlesex an equaliser just before half time.

Kent started the second half strongly but Middlesex were holding their own but Middlesex fell 3-1 behind when Pedder scored again the the Middlesex penalty area when the ball was not cleared. Middlesex almost found a way back into the game when D’Souza charged down a goal kick in the Kent penalty area but Krasniqi was unable to take advantage and the ball was eventually cleared. That was Middlesex’s last genuine attempt on goal and Pedder's good work on the right and fine pass to Tom Halliday in the Middlesex penalty area made it 4-1 and with 4 minutes remaining Kent made it 5-1 with Halliday scoring again from a Kent corner.