Since the publication of the 2020-21 Cup Draws, the Association has been contacted by a number of schools expressing concern about the proposed timetables for this season’s County Cups. We have also been made aware of a Local Authority prohibiting its schools from playing inter-school matches and of a collective decision made by schools in a different borough which may affect their ability to participate in our competitions.

We also note that, in a number of the boroughs within our catchment area, the current infection rate per 100,000 people is over 100.

The Association has therefore contacted all affiliated schools via email this morning and asked them to cast a vote as to what the next steps should be. There are three options to choose from:

  • To prepare for a November start, as originally intended
  • To postpone all fixtures for now and review the situation in January
  • To scrap this season’s competitions, in which case all entries for this season would be carried over to 2021-22

The vote will be open for a week, until 22nd October 2020 and will determine how the Management Committee proceeds with this season’s Cups.