The Middlesex Schools’ FA’s Management Committee has proposed a number of revisions to the Rules of the Association, which would take effect from the 2020-21 season.
Whilst we do not know for certain whether MSFA competitions will be able to proceed normally during the next academic year, the Management Committee was keen to ensure that as and when they do get under way, the tournaments meet the needs of schools.
The main changes are as follows:
- The insertion of a clause which allows for a limited number of ‘late’ entries in each cup
- The abolition of extra time in all knockout matches – drawn Cup matches will now go straight to a penalty competition
- Clarification around the duration of matches in each age group
- A rewriting of Rule 5 to give greater clarity around how disciplinary matters are managed, how a school or District might lodge a protest or make a complaint and how to appeal against a decision made by MSFA.
- A clear “precedence” list to assist schools and Districts with arranging matches.
The amended rules will be moved for adoption at the 2020 Annual General Meeting, which will be conducted online in July.