The Association’s Emergency Committee has continued to assess how schools’ football in Middlesex can proceed safely and in line with the ever-changing situation in respect of COVID-19.
All decisions are being taken with reference to the guidance provided by the English Schools’ FA. All schools and District SFAs should download the documents provided by ESFA and use them to plan how they will manage training and matches.
Information for Schools participating in MSFA Cups
All affiliated Schools are required to complete a Risk Assessment prior to playing any matches, either in MSFA competitions or those organised locally and nationally. Templates are available from the ESFA website. The Risk Assessment must be emailed to Gareth Coates for review.
We appreciate that this adds an additional administrative task at the start of the Autumn term, so will not be scheduling any matches during the first half-term of 2020-21. The ‘playing window’ for the first round of all Cups will commence on Monday 2nd November. It is anticipated that, unless further restrictions are imposed, each round will have a three-week window, so as to complete all competitions in a timely and orderly fashion.
Because of this scheduling decision, MSFA is continuing to accept affiliations and entries for the 2020-21 Cups. The final date for entries is Friday 18th September and we have a target publication date for the Handbook of Monday 5th October.
All Competitions will be regionalised as much as possible, particularly in the early rounds in order to reduce any risks posed by travelling to matches.
Information for Districts participating in MSFA Leagues
All affiliated Districts are required to complete a Risk Assessment prior to playing any matches, either in MSFA competitions or those organised locally and nationally. Templates are available from the ESFA website. The Risk Assessment must be emailed to Gareth Coates for review.
As has been previously announced, we are already planning temporary changes to the Inter-District Competitions. As things stand, we don’t propose commencing these until January 2021 but this remains under review. Suggestions as to potential formats for 2020-21 are welcomed and should be shared with Bob Chandler.