4. RULES SPECIFIC TO INTER-DISTRICT COMPETITIONS
a. Organisation of Competitions:
i.The following competitions shall be offered to affiliated Districts whose players are under the prescribed age at midnight between 31st August and 1st September in the year of competition:
• Star Shield – Under-15 boys;
• A G Bower Cup – Under-14 boys;
• Compton Cup – Under-13 boys;
• Watkin Cup – Under-12 boys;
• Batchelor Cup – Over-10 and Under-11 students;
• Alf Gant Cup – Over-10 and Under-11 students; (subsidiary competition, to be played following the conclusion of the Batchelor Cup)
• Primary Small-Sided Cup – Over-10 and Under-11 students, individual schools by District Association nomination.
• Primary Inter-Association Small-Sided Competition – Over-10 and Under-11;
ii.The Management Committee shall have discretion to merge or suspend one or more competitions if there are insufficient entries to run a viable tournament.
b. Arrangement of Matches
i.Where a fixture list has been prepared which is intended to cover the whole season, then the dates of matches as set by the Competition Secretary must be adhered to, in accordance with the provisions of Association Rule 2f.
ii.Not withstanding the provisions or Rule 4b (above). Districts shall be free to bring scheduled matches forward by agreement in order to avoid clashes with ESFA Competitions, Inter-County matches or similar fixtures, but shall not be permitted to postpone matches without good reason. The relevant Competition Secretary must be informed of the change of date by both Districts at the earliest opportunity.